Saturday, June 9, 2012

Her Craft Kre8tions DT

Welcome to June's project for Her Craft Kre8tions. We have been very fortunate to have a wonderful sponsor this month that Scrapbook Society, http://scrapbookstampsociety.com/, has given us this beautiful design, http://scrapbookstampsociety.com/auction_details.php?name=Marie-Let-them-eat-a-Cupcake-Sherri-Baldy-Digi-Stand&auction_id=102614. to showcase our creativity.



Of course there are rules that we implemented that the creativity could finish Marie as they wanted BUT (ok, there is always a BUT!!), it needed to be a journal with an additional image on the inside.

Now, with that being said -- have we got a line-up for you!!!!


Design Team Blog: http://her-craft-kre8tions.blogspot.com/

Didn't I tell you that this is one creative group!!! Oh, yes, we even have some phenomenal blog candy which we were going to have last month BUT (there goes that word again) Miss Lynne had been in the hospital - we are going to have the "kick-off" blog candy for this hop!!!! Thus we have Accent Essentials Cricut Cartridge for one lucky winner!!!
Finally, Lynne Kirsch has an altered journal for one lucky winner as seen below!




Now, to be eligible for the blog candy AGAIN, there are rules --- you must stop and comment at each stop along the way which I know you won't mind doing as I know you are going to be having a great time checking out each and every project........

Now, first let me just say, this was WAY out of my league! I do not color digi's vry well to begin with, let alone something so detailed! But, I gave it a whirl, and made my journal into a kind of SMASH book, where I can jot ideas, but also stick pics or clippings in too for future use.
I used mis matching paper on purpose and used various stamps and ribbons thru out the book.
To color Miss Marie, I used colored pencils and chalk and then individually did each bead with stickles for a little glimmer.






Hope you enjoyed our hop .... and next month we have another challenge that will be presented to our Design Team .... "Like the Wind"!!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a beautiful job. Your Marie is so pretty. I want to color her, too. Love the purple! Isn't that your favorite color? Good job, bumble bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project Colleen. I love how everyone had a different take on what to do with this lady image. Love the addition of the two tags as well.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty I love the colors you used on the image she looks beautiful and the blue birds are perfect! two thumbs up!!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun journal!! LOVE how you colored the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the inside of your journal. The sentiment is perfect. Love the pretty paper for the background of the cover. You did a terrific job coloring with chalk and colored pencils the image. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you've coloured this - I don't do colouring either so I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous I love the papers and the image is coloured beautifully. The inside of the journal looks fabulous too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great journal --- love your coloring, choice of papers and basically how you could take the time! I know you truly have a ton of things on your plate and I sew appreciate your project! It is truly a pleasure hopping with you my dear friend! Please take care of yourself first and foremost!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete