Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hey all!!  
So I have a super special LO to share with you today!
I made this LO for my son's future MIL.  Yup, he's 7 and he has it all planned out! LOL

The story behind this LO:  
He has had a crush on a girl, Lexy, since last year.  They were in the same Kindergarten class.  Sadly, they are in different classes this year, and Austin misses her, a lot!  He had asked if he could give her a Valentine. Seeing how they are in different classes, I was going to mail it to her.  No biggie.  
I was heading out to Target and Michael's one day and he asked if he could come and if we could go to Toys R Us too so that he could use a GC he had from his birthday. Sure, no problem!
We get to the toy store, and he heads for the GIRL aisles, and walked up and down EVERY SINGLE ONE. I asked him what he was doing "Looking for something special for Lexy."  Very matter-of-fact.
We shopped for quite a while there and at Target, where he also spent  some of his tooth fairy money.  Long story short (kinda! lol)  He picked out a pink bear, chocolates and some Debbie Cakes, every girls dream gift! lol
He also made her a card, b/c "handmade means from the heart".  Yup, he's a crafter's son. :)

 We made a special trip to her house on Valentine's Day to deliver his special gifts, and
of course, I took pics!!


I used the "Oh So Loved" file for the main elements, then added a retired freebie "Interlocking Hearts", the big heart is from "Wanted For Stealing Hearts"  and the tag is from "Tag 1"
I also used some Rumple Ribbon from Love Bug Creations!!





And here is the note he wrote to her to tuck behind a picture:

Best love story ever!

I absolutely LOVE how my bears turned out, and the whole LO really!  Of course, having such cute pics definitely helps!

If you'd like to see more of my work, I'd love for you to stop by my fan page, CBC Scrapbooking.

Happy Scrappin'!
~Colleen~

No comments:

Post a Comment